GWME-7.2.1-10 vSphere 6.7 Fix for Cloud Hub Access
This updated update is for all GroundWork customers running 7.x software and desiring to monitor VMware using the Cloud Hub connector. Newer security standards require an explicit setting of TLS capabilities on the Java engine side. This is a trivial change and can be rolled back as easily.
What is in this update?
This Technical Bulletin provides a documented and scripted method of setting new TLS settings in the Java standalone.conf to permit connection to vSphere 6.7.
- You need to be running GroundWork Monitor Enterprise, version 7.2.2, 7.2.1, 7.2.0, or 7.1.1
- This technical bulletin does not depend upon prior technical bulletins
- There is a need to schedule a downtime to apply this technical bulletin (time required is restart of gwservices, ~ 5 minutes)
- As the root user, copy the attached tarball to an empty directory on the GW server already in place.
- Unpack the tarball using the command:
tar xf TB7.2.1-10-vsphere67.tgz
- Change into the directory created by untarring:
- Run the installer script:
The install script will test that you are on a 7.1.1, 7.2.0, 7,2,1 or 7.2.2 system (which is required), that you have not already installed this patch, and that you want to go ahead.
- Respond to the install-confirmation prompt when it appears.
- New files will be copied into place. Monitoring in general can continue while this patch is installed; there is a momentary restart of the web service which may terminate some user sessions.
Once this is installed you will be able to connect to vSphere and vCenter 6.7 or to pure ESX 6 hypervisors.
Reversal of this patch will remove the changes made to the GW server by deleting the added lines. This will ensure that changes unrelated to this patch will remain undisturbed.
- As the root user, navigate to the patch-unpack directory you created when installing the patch, (if that directory no longer exists, first unpack the patch again).
- Run the uninstall command: