How to register for GroundWork training
WAS THIS PAGE HELPFUL? Leave Feedback
Q: How to register for GroundWork training?
A: To register for training please send an email to email@example.com. Please include your Name, Company, and desired Month for training.
More about GroundWork System Administrator training
The purpose of the course is to introduce the latest version of GroundWork Monitor and its core features. Through discussion and practical labs users will perform a full system installation. Once up and running users will be guided in setting up various monitors and learn how to navigate through monitoring data.
- 6-days, delivered in 2-day segments (Tuesdays & Wednesdays) from 8AM to 2PM PST
- Live online instructor-led training, lab-intensive
- Prerequisites include basic knowledge of Linux, Windows desktop, network terms, subnets, and protocols
2019 Training Calendar
- January — 8, 9, 15, 16
- March — 5, 6, 12, 13, 19, 20
- May — 7, 8, 14, 15, 21, 22
- July — 9, 10, 16, 17, 23, 24
- September — 10, 11, 17, 18, 24, 25
- November — 5, 6, 12, 13, 19, 20
- PART I: Getting Started with GroundWork Monitor - In Part I, users will learn about GroundWork Monitor’s open architecture, product capabilities and portal applications. Users will be guided on how to prepare to monitor, install GroundWork Monitor, and review the basics of portal administration. After installation, learn how to run a system discovery using Auto Discovery, take a detailed look at the configuration tool Monarch, learn about the use of monitoring plugins, and practice performing a backup and recovery.
- PART II: Employing Monitoring Methods - Part II focuses on various monitoring methods including SSH, agent monitoring with GDMA, Windows monitoring with WMI, and network graphing using Cacti. Users will learn about monitoring with SNMP Traps and how to add trap forwarding from any SNMP enabled device to your GroundWork Monitor system as well as produce alarms and notifications from traps as they arrive. We take a look at SNMP Polling and how to set up monitoring for status and availability and apply one of many available service profiles. Users are guided with the set up syslog message monitoring so that specific messages from IT devices are captured, and in the GroundWork Cloud Hub module take a look at deployment, the management of monitoring profiles for virtual environments, and the metrics gathered.
- PART III: Visualizing & Managing Monitoring Data - In this third part we learn about visualizing and managing the configured monitoring data. This section digs into the various monitoring data management tools including system Dashboards, Status, Event Console, Views, Dashboards, and Business Service Monitoring, which help managers get quick answers and helps operators find explanations. The new GroundWork GrafBridge feature integrates Grafana and InfluxDB, along with the GroundWork Data Source making it easy to select the individual host groups, service groups, hosts, and services, to deliver exceptional performance graphs through interactive dashboards.