How to cleanup configuration
WAS THIS PAGE HELPFUL? Leave Feedback
This page reviews Configuration Maintenance for GroundWork Monitor including cleanup for devices, services, and externals, and the ability to remove all unused services by date. You can also list and close events before a previously set date.
The Device Cleanup option enables you to list all cleanable devices and then select which ones you want to clean up. This is useful if your license validity limit is reached (the device count is to high).
- Go to Configuration > Maintenance > Device Cleanup, you should see a summary of your system's used and unused devices:
Number of devices Total: 987
Number of devices referenced by hosts: 456
Number of devices NOT referenced by hosts: 78
Number of devices probably created by traps: 32
Number of devices probably created by syslog messages: 21
Total Unused Devices: 0
- Select one or more options, then choose List to view or Clean to remove. Options include:
- Cleanup: Removes devices that are no longer used (also removes Log Messages)
- Forceclean: Removes devices when cleanup alone does not get them all
- Cleansnmp: Removes only snmptrap devices
- Cleansyslog: Removes only syslog devices
The Service Cleanup option enables you to search for unused services you may want to delete.
- Go to Configuration > Maintenance > Service Cleanup.
- Enter a service name, (use the "%" symbol as a wildcard).
- To list only services and ignore listing service profiles, check Ignore Service Profiles.
- Click List and then select the boxes of the service names you wish to remove, click Delete selected.
Figure: Service Cleanup
Service or host externals can be added to Services, Hosts, and Profiles configuration options. You can delete specific externals by using the External Cleanup tool.
- Go to Configuration > Maintenance > Externals Cleanup.
- Enter a service name, (you may use the "%" symbol as a wildcard).
- Choose to list service or host externals.
- Select List, and then choose the boxes of the service names you wish to remove, click Delete selected.
Figure: Externals Cleanup
Remove Unused Services
This option lets you remove all unused services for a specified date.
- Go to Configuration > Maintenance > Remove Unused Services.
- Enter a date you want the services removed.
- Enter a service name, (you may use the "%" symbol as a wildcard). You can also choose to select Invert Search which will list all services except the entered service.
- Select List, and then choose the boxes of the service names you wish to remove, notice you also have the option to select Delete RRDs. Checking this box deletes any services associated RRDs. When ready, click Delete selected.
Figure: Externals Cleanup
You can list and close events for a specified date.
- Go to Configuration > Maintenance > Close Events.
- Enter a date you want the events closed.
- Enter a device name, (you may use the "%" symbol as a wildcard).
- To keep a specified number of events for the indicated device you can enter that number in the box titled Keep Last N Events.
- Select List to view events and or Close Events to close searched events.
Figure: Close Events