WAS THIS PAGE HELPFUL? Leave Feedback
This How To explains the setup for an automatic viewer role without a challenge, so users will not be prompted for Grafana credentials. In the defaults.ini file the role "Viewer" can be assigned to an Anonymous login.
- To set the viewer role to automatically login, at the command line enter:
then edit the defaults.ini file:
- Scroll to the Anonymous Auth section.
- Change the following line to your organization name, e.g., ABC versus Main Org:
- Change the following line to Viewer:
- Save the file.
- Restart Grafana service:
- To match the Organization name to the configuration file setting, go to Dashboards > Grafana > Settings (cog) > Preferences. For additional documentation see Grafana Labs.