WAS THIS PAGE HELPFUL? Leave Feedback
GroundWork Grafana dashboards can be exported, imported, and shared, and generated from GroundWork service profiles using the command line utility grafbrige-control.
For additional reference, see the Grafana Dashboard Related Operations section from grafbridge-control --help for details. This utility is located in /usr/local/groundwork/grafana/scripts. You can enter ./grafbridge-control --help to view the built-in manual page.
If you want to share a GroundWork Grafana dashboard with the community, follow these steps:
- Create the dashboard in GroundWork Grafana. In this example, we’ll assume the dashboard was saved as Sharing.
- Grafana stores dashboards internally using uid names which we use in the export operation. To get the uid name of your* Sharing* dashboard enter the following command:
- Export the Sharing dashboard with the following command (using the uid name, e.g., kLOMT-7ik):
- In the current working directory there should be a Sharing.json file. This JSON file can be sent around for sharing, for example by emailing it to GroundWork at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you want to import a GroundWork Grafana dashboard that was shared with you using the export process above, follow these steps:
- Download the dashboard JSON file. In this example, we’ll assume the file is /tmp/shared.json and the dashboard name is Shared.
- Import the dashboard using the following command:
- The imported dashboard should then be in the General folder in Grafana.
Dashboards can be automatically generated from GroundWork service profiles using the -generate_dashboards command. By default, each profile in /usr/local/groundwork/core/profiles is analyzed for services which have Performance Configuration Database matching entries (see Configuration > Performance in the GroundWork portal). Importing service profiles usually results in the addition of more Performance Configuration Database entries that can be matched against.
- To generate dashboards for GroundWork service profiles enter:
- Dashboard definition files are generated by default in /usr/local/groundwork/grafana/data/gwdashboards.
These can then be imported all at once using:
or one at a time using:
- The imported dashboards will then be available in GroundWork Grafana.