WAS THIS PAGE HELPFUL? Leave Feedback
This page reviews how to configure internal GroundWork metrics and how to visualize internal metrics in Grafana.
By default, internal GroundWork application metrics are gathered and stored in InfluxDB in the _groundwork_metrics database. If you wish to turn this off:
- In the following directory:
- Edit the following file:
- Under the Metrics Configuration section, set the following:
- Save the file.
- Restart GroundWork:
Other properties in foundation.properties beginning with collage.metrics can be used to control internal metrics gathering.
A new data source will need to be created for the dashboard to be populated. In GroundWork Grafana, sign in as an Administrator and create a new InfluxDB data source called GroundWork Internal Metrics, pointing to the _groundwork_metrics database.
- Log into GroundWork Monitor as an Administrator (e.g., admin/admin).
- Go to Dashboards > Grafana.
- Log in as the Grafana Administrator by scrolling to the bottom of the page, hovering over the arrow icon and clicking Sign In. The default credentials are admin/admin.
- Click the gear icon and select Data Sources.
- Click the Add data source button.
- Create a new InfluxDB data source with the following parameters:
- Name: (e.g., GroundWork Internal Metrics)
- Type: InfluxDB
- URL: http://localhost:8086
- Access: Server
- Database: _groundwork_metrics
- GroundWork internal metrics dashboards are located in the directory:
- To import the metrics, change to the /usr/local/groundwork/grafana/scripts directory and use the option:
- See grafbridge-control --help for details. This utility is located in /usr/local/groundwork/grafana/scripts. You can enter ./grafbridge-control --help to view the built-in manual page.
- You can now import and use the dashboard to visualize GroundWork internal metrics data.
- The groundwork-internal-metrics.json file is stored in the /usr/local/groundwork/grafana/data/gwsupportdashboards directory.