WAS THIS PAGE HELPFUL? Leave Feedback
Q: Where is my GroundWork license located?
A: The location of the GroundWork Monitor Enterprise installation license key is through GroundWork Administration > GroundWork License. Each installation of GroundWork Monitor Enterprise requires a key. This page is also the location for the internal password administration. REST-API password encryption is now supported and enabled by default.
Please contact email@example.com for assistance.
New and existing installations
- For new installations a key is emailed to customers following purchase.
- For existing installations, you will need to input a new key if your existing key has reached the subscription expiration date or you have exceeded the number of devices purchased.
About Password Maintenance
- On the right side of the GroundWork License page are administration options for encrypted internal passwords. This page (the installer) generates a API Access token for REST API and for Remote Agent. The table below describes each account.
Encrypted internal password accounts
- Master - Used on the server side. This password can be changed by entering a new password and selecting Update Master Password.
- Web Services API - The Web Services API Account is used for GroundWork hub access. With 7.0.2 SP3: If you applied the SP3 patch the Web Services user will not have a password, instead you need to fill in the token from this page.
- The Web Services Access field designates the GroundWork Web Services Username which is set by default to RESTAPIACCESS.
- The Web Services Token field is used in place of the old password for hub access. You can copy/paste the Token (encrypted) into the hub configuration as the GroundWork Web Services Password.
- If you want a different token, enter a new password in the Token: box, which is beneath Access: RESTAPIACCESS, and select the Update API Account button. You will then see a new encrypted string appear and you can copy it into the hub configuration page.
- The REST API token is saved in [ws_client.properties and in application-users.properties. The incoming request is verified against the credentials in the application-users.properties instead of JOSSO and a new token is generated for every login and updated in the token cache.
- Remote API - The Remote API Account is used for GDMA calls.
- This page (the installer) generates a API Access token for REST API and for Remote Agent.
- Proxy Account - The Proxy Account is a user with limited rights that is accessing information via the portal that would otherwise require actual user login to do activity.
- The Proxy Username field is set by default to user.
- The Proxy Password field is by default user.
- Encryption Tool - The Encryption Tool is used to generate an encrypted password.
- Entering any password to return an encryption of that password after selecting Generate.