This profile monitors a UNIX LDAP Server. LDAP services are monitored remotely. Monitoring scripts are installed on the remote server and called from the GroundWork server using the SSH protocol. Please reference SSH document under GroundWork Profiles>SSH Profiles when using this profile.
- SERVICE - Definitions in Monarch are stored under this name.
- COMMAND LINE - Service command name with arguments to be passed to the plugin.
- PLUGIN COMMAND LINE - Plugin script called by Nagios for this Service.
- EXTENDED INFO - The Extended Service Info definition, typically used for generating graphs.
Command lines displayed below are intended to be single line commands. Service Command Line Plugin Command Line Extended Info ssh_process_slapd check_by_ssh_process_slapd!
$USER1$/check_by_ssh -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -t 60 -l "$USER17$" -C "$USER22$/check_procs -w $ARG1$ -c $ARG2$ -C slapd" percent_graph tcp_ldap check_ldap!3!5!
$USER1$/check_ldap -t 60 -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -w "$ARG1$" -c "$ARG2$" -b "$ARG3$" -3 number_graph
This package includes the following files:
Plugins Scripts on the GroundWork Server
Plugins Scripts on the Remote Monitored Server
Performance Graphing Programs
GroundWork Monitor includes many monitoring profiles for a variety of devices, systems and applications. Profiles already imported on a new GroundWork installation include Service Ping, SNMP Network, and SSH UNIX. The GroundWork Monitor Configuration tool is used to import updated Profiles and Profiles that require additional setup; the Profile XML file and its companion Performance Configuration definition file. Services can also be imported in addition to Service Profiles in the Profile Importer. The import process is documented under GROUNDWORK PROFILES > How to import profiles.
This section contains detail settings used by this Profile. These parameters can be altered with the Configuration tool.
Command parameters are in the Configuration Services section with the following names and default values.
- Check for the number of slapd processes running.
- $ARG1$ - A warning alert will be generated if the number of processes is outside this range. The default is 1:10.
- $ARG2$ - A critical alert will be generated if the number of processes is outside this range. The default is 1:15.
- Attempts to bind anonymously to the specified DN.
- The default LDAP version is 2. If you wish to change this to version 3, use Configuration to add "-3" to the check_ldap command.
The check_ldap plugin help indicates v2 is default: check_ldap -
use ldap protocol version 2
use ldap protocol version 3
- $ARG1$ - Warning threshold response time in seconds (default is 3 seconds).
- $ARG2$ - Critical threshold response time in seconds (default is 5 seconds).
- $ARG3$ - LDAP base. (For example, ou=my unit, o=my org, c=at ; default is dc=groundworkopensource,dc=com)
The following parameters are used to generate performance charts. These parameters are set using the Configuration>Performance tool in GroundWork Monitor.
- Graphs the number of slapd processes.
- The Nagios service description must contain the string "ssh_process".
- Graphs the response time of binding to the LDAP server.
- Nagios service description must contain the string "tcp_ldap".
If you are communicating to a remote host that is behind a firewall, make sure the SSH port 22 is allowed to access the remote host.