This profile monitors an HTTP server on a Windows server using Nagios Remote Plugin Executor (NRPE). NRPE is used by the Nagios server to communicate with the Windows server.
- Service - Definitions in Monarch are stored under this name.
- Command Line - Service command name with arguments to be passed to the plugin.
- Plugin Command Line - Plugin script called by Nagios for this Service.
- Extended Info - The Extended Service Info definition, typically used for generating graphs.
Command lines displayed below are intended to be single line commands. Service Command Line Plugin Command Line Extended Info tcp_http_port check_http!3!5!80 $USER1$/check_http -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -w "$ARG1$" -c "$ARG2$" -p "$ARG3$" number_graph nrpe_service_AeLookupSvc check_nrpe_service!AeLookupSvc $USER1$/check_nrpe -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -t 60 -c get_service -a "$HOSTADDRESS$" "$ARG1$" percent_graph nrpe_service_HTTPFilter check_nrpe_service!HTTPFilter $USER1$/check_nrpe -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -t 60 -c get_service -a "$HOSTADDRESS$" "$ARG1$" percent_graph
This package includes the following files:
NRPE scripts (installed on the monitored Windows Server)
Performance Graphing Programs
GroundWork Monitor includes many monitoring profiles for a variety of devices, systems and applications. Profiles already imported on a new GroundWork installation include Service Ping, SNMP Network, and SSH UNIX. The GroundWork Monitor Configuration tool is used to import updated Profiles and Profiles that require additional setup; the Profile XML file and its companion Performance Configuration definition file. Services can also be imported in addition to Service Profiles in the Profile Importer. The import process is documented under GROUNDWORK PROFILES > How to import profiles.
Command parameters are in the Configuration Services section with the following names and default values.
- Uses check_http plugin to get a web page from $HOSTADDRESS$
- Default warning threshold is a 3 second page load time
- $ARG1$ - Warning seconds
- Default critical threshold is a 5 second page load time
- $ARG2$ - Critical seconds
- Default port is 80
- $ARG3$ - HTTP port
- Uses check_nrpe plugin to connect to NRPE on $HOSTADDRESS$ and execute the get_service command as defined in the nrpe.cfg.
- $ARG1$ - Service Name (not Display Name!)
- OK if service is running
- CRITICAL is service is stopped
- UNKNOWN is service is not installed
The following parameters are used to generate performance charts. These parameters are set using the Configuration>Performance tool in GroundWork Monitor.
- Graphs response time of the HTTP server.
- Nagios service description must contain the string "tcp_http_port".
The nrpe.cfg file on the Windows server maps commands issued by the GroundWork server to scripts in the c:\nrpe_nt directory. Commands issued by this profile are installed with this package. If new NRPE commands are added, this file must be modified. Go to the GroundWork Support Portal - GroundWork Connect at www.groundworkconnect.com and search for Installing GroundWork WMI NRPE.