WAS THIS PAGE HELPFUL? Leave Feedback
Portal page administration is managed by a Portal Administrator (e.g., root/root) and is accessed from the toolbar options Group and Site Editor.
A Portal (e.g., GroundWork Monitor) contains Pages (e.g., Dashboards, Status, Event Console) which contain various Portlets (e.g., Status: Host Health, Host Information). The GroundWork Monitor portal is built using Red Hat JBoss Portal Platform 6 which means that you can build additional web pages to customize and extend the portal and manage user access control.
In the example below, we create a new top level portal page with an IFrame Web portlet.
You can edit an existing portal page with the following steps. In the example here, we edit the Dashboards page and incorporate a different portlet.
- Log into GroundWork Monitor as a Portal Administrator (e.g., root/root).
- Click the page to be edited (e.g., Dashboards), then select Site Editor > Edit Page. You can see this portal page incorporates the WhatNextPage portlet and the Network Service portlet. Selecting Switch View mode on the right will let you view the actual portlet contents. As an example, we'll remove the What'sNextPage and replace it with the NagiosEventLog portlet.
- Select Switch View mode again, then mouse over the WhatsNextPage title and select the X icon to remove the portlet.
- Now we'll select another portel. Click the Applications tab on the right, scroll down and select the GroundWork Portlets category.
- Locate the NagiosEventLog portlet and drag it to the left side panel where the previous portlet was positioned.
- Next, we'll need to edit the portlet permissions. Mouse over the NagiosEventLog title, select the pencil icon, select the Access Permission tab, and click Make it public (everyone can access).
- Click Save and Close, and in the upper right corner select the Save icon, then refresh your screen.
- Log out as the Portal Administrator root and back in as an Administrator (e.g., admin/admin) to view the edited portal page with data.
Figure: Editing a portal page