WAS THIS PAGE HELPFUL? Leave Feedback
This page reviews how to configure internal GroundWork metrics and how to visualize internal metrics in Grafana.
By default, internal GroundWork application metrics are gathered and stored in InfluxDB in the _groundwork_metrics database. If you wish to turn this off:
- In the following directory:
- Edit the following file:
- Under the Metrics Configuration section, set the following:
- Save the file.
- Restart GroundWork:
Other properties in foundation.properties beginning with collage.metrics can be used to control internal metrics gathering.
In GroundWork Grafana, sign in as an Administrator and create a new InfluxDB data source called GroundWork Internal Metrics, pointing to the _groundwork_metrics database.
- Log into GroundWork Monitor as an Administrator (e.g., admin/admin).
- Go to Dashboards > Grafana.
- To log in as the Grafana Administrator, click , click Sign In. The default credentials are admin/admin.
- Click , and select Data Sources.
- Click the Add data source button.
- Create a new InfluxDB data source with the following parameters:
Name: (e.g., GroundWork Internal Metrics)
- GroundWork internal metrics dashboards are located in the directory:
- To import the metrics, use the option;
- See grafbridge-control --help for details. This utility is located in /usr/local/groundwork/grafana/scripts. You can enter ./grafbridge-control --help to view the built-in manual page.
- You can now use the imported dashboards to visualize GroundWork internal metrics data.
Figure: Add data source