WAS THIS PAGE HELPFUL? Leave Feedback
User accounts are created from the toolbar option Group > Organization > New Staff. A GroundWork Administrator (e.g., admin/admin) or a Portal Administrator (e.g., root/root) can manage user accounts. Also see About System Administration.
|When a new user account is created, it is automatically added to the group Users with the role GWUser, and is assigned the membership type gw-portal-user. By default, this membership allows the user to see all host groups and service groups without any restrictions.|
- Log in to GroundWork Monitor as an Administrator (e.g., admin/admin).
- Hover over Group > Organization, and select New Staff.
- Within the Account Setting tab, enter the new user information, (username lowercase, password between 6 and 30 characters), select Save.
- To verify the addition of the new account:
- Hover over Group > Organization, select Users and groups management.
- Select the Group Management tab.
- Select the Users group, this is where new users are added.
- To change a new user's membership from the default gw-portal-user, select the corresponding edit icon, select a membership from the drop-down, click Save. To add user to another group see How to add a user to a group.
Figure: New user and membership