WAS THIS PAGE HELPFUL? Leave Feedback
Groups are managed by a GroundWork Administrator (e.g., admin/admin) and accessed from the toolbar option Group > Organization. The Portal Administrator (e.g., root/root) can also manage groups. To add members to a group, you will first need to create a user(s). System users are associated with groups and users in groups are associated with roles and memberships which define permissions/restrictions for system access.
In our example, we create a new group labeled SF Admins and add an existing user (e.g., hans) with the membership gw-portal-administrator.
- Log in to GroundWork Monitor as an Administrator (e.g., admin/admin).
- Hover over Group > Organization , and select Users and groups management.
- Select the Group Management tab, all existing groups will be listed under Groups on the left side.
- To create a group to be positioned at the top level, first select the up green arrow, then click the icon and enter the following (3 to 30 characters is allowed for each field):
- Group Name - Only alpha, digit, dash, and underscore characters and the name must be unique within the portal. Once saved this name cannot be edited, only deleted. (e.g., SFAdministrators)
- Label - Display name of the group. (e.g., SFAdmins)
- Description - Description of the group. (e.g., San Francisco administrators group)
- Select Save.
Figure: Add a new group
- When creating a new group, the logged in user becomes a member of the new group (you can see User Name as root below).
- To add a member to the group, enter a new user name in the User Name field (e.g., hans), and select the Membership (e.g., gw-monitoring-administrator) to be associated with the user.
- Click Save.
Figure: Default and new member