Thank you for using GroundWork Monitor, created by GroundWork, Inc.
This is the Home page for the GroundWork Monitor 7 product documentation "Bookshelf". This space contains product reference for; Users (operators) regarding the use of system applications and other resources via the user interface; Administrators who need to verify an installation, configure, customize, and maintain the system as part of its initial implementation or to manage the system, and for Developers who may need to customize the system and refer to information on GroundWork Foundation, which provides access to the underlying data in the GroundWork Monitor package. If you have just downloaded and installed GroundWork Monitor we suggest starting with the section Getting Started. Additionally, you can find various GroundWork videos on YouTube, go to: https://www.youtube.com/user/groundworktv
What's new in GroundWork Monitor 7?
GroundWork Monitor 7.0.2 is now available. Along with the new features of GroundWork Monitor 7, this latest version supports upgrades from previous versions of GroundWork Monitor (6.4 through 7) and includes major improvements to Cloud Hub (Network, Storage domains) and a range of bug fixes. For a complete list of the latest features and functionality see the current Release Notes.
- JBoss Portal Platform 6 - GroundWork Monitor 7 incorporates a completely new Enterprise Portal Platform that is highly scalable with powerful performance. The Jboss Portal Platform (JPP6) is based on the latest JBoss Application server that was re-designed to be highly modular and cloud ready.
- New CloudHub version 1.3 - Provides enhanced monitoring for VMware vSphere, VMware ESXi, and Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization. Hypervisors and Hypervisor Management data are seamlessly integrated into the GroundWork Monitor user interface. Cloud Hub configuration now allows selection of additional views such as Storage or Network Domains and Resource Pools. The views are visible in Event Console and Status Viewer.
- Status & Event Console Improvements - We've provided better control of screen real estate, in the Status application the host and service status panel is now a single screen versus drilling down from one to the other. Also, the custom groups feature now works with defined roles.
- Configuration User Interface & Workflow - The visual appearance of the Configuration and Auto Discovery applications and the management of the Nagios Main Configuration options have been overhauled for better usability.
- Archive Database Server - A new log-message archiving facility is supported. This allows long-term operational data to be moved aside for reporting purposes, keeping the active-monitoring database far smaller and more sprightly.
- Nagios & Event Broker - Nagios has been upgraded.
The GroundWork Bronx Event Broker which works with Nagios has been upgraded to better handle scalability issues.
- GDMA Agents - The GDMA agent bundles have been upgraded.