This page reviews the GroundWork JDMA for JBoss.
Deploying GroundWork Agent for JBoss
JDMA Software - All of the JDMA and associated files needed for installation are included with GroundWork Monitor 6.2 and later. They are stored in /usr/local/groundwork/apache2/htdocs/java-agents/, and may be downloaded via HTTP.
The following should be installed and running:
|JBoss 4.2.3GA, 5.1GA|
|GroundWork Monitor 6.2.x or later|
Configuration Steps for JBoss
- Set up encryption [Optional]: GroundWork servers are set to receive NSCA messages unencrypted with XOR obfuscation by default. If you want to change this default, you can do so with the following procedure. Triple-DES is currently the only encryption method supported by the Java agent.
Any other process that sends NSCA messages to this GroundWork server, such as GDMA or a child server, will be affected, and may also need to have its configuration adjusted.
- On the GroundWork server, edit the file: /usr/local/groundwork/config/bronx.cfg
- Change the line:
- Restart the Nagios process:
/etc/init.d/groundwork restart nagios
- Stop the JBoss server if running and add the following line in the <JBOSS_INSTALL_DIRECTORY>/bin/run.sh file before the # Display our environment comment:
- Download the file gwos-jboss-monitoringAgent.war located on the GroundWork server in the folder:
- Copy the war file to the folder:
- On the GroundWork server, discover the JBoss host and add the JBoss services by importing service-profile-jboss.xml, then Commit the configuration in the Configuration application.
- Start the JBoss server. You should see the GWOS MBean Collector started successfully message in the file gwosCollector.log.
Exporting Profiles to the GroundWork Server
To monitor components for your environment you need to generate environment based custom configuration files. To generate the custom files;